E-Resources [Online Databases, E-Journals, Images, etc.] on Visual & Digital Production
- Communication & Mass Media Complete (EBSCOHost)
CMMC is ‘the most robust, quality research solution in areas related to communication and mass media’ [Publisher]. According to the publisher, it provides access to over 500 journals related to communication and mass media & closely-related fields; Includes articles on film media, photography, related technology etc and features over 5,400 Author Profiles.
- ProQuest Career and Technical Education: The Arts
- “This database is the definitive source for vocational information focused on the arts. It includes over 600 titles, with more than 500 available in full text. Both students and instructors can access the database to research virtually any technical topic, including…photography” [Publisher].
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Arts
“This database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses on the arts” [Publisher]. Subject coverage includes Film, TV, Art, Design etc.
- ProQuest Research Library: The Arts
“The database includes more than 5,000 titles - over 3,500 in full text - from 1971 forward. It features a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, and newspapers” [Publisher]. Subject coverage includes Film, TV, Art, Design etc.
General and Reference e-Resources on Visual & Digital Production
- Academic Search Complete(EBSCO)
“Multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,900 peer-reviewed journals.…[Publisher]”. Articles on VDP and related topics can be found here in both PDF and HTML.
- Credo Reference
"Offering 525 highly-regarded titles from over 70 publishers, Credo General Reference covers every major subject from the world's best publishers of reference" [Publisher].
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- “Gale Virtual Reference Library: Online library of references titles, including encyclopedias, dictionaries… biographical compilations, and specialized reference tools, fully searchable across all files” [Publisher].
Ebooks on Visual & Digital Production
- Ebrary eBooks : Sign up for a free account to browse through thousands of downloadable ebooks, "*Recommended : The Ebrary has over fully accessible 52,000 ebook titles on a wide range of topics. Within Ebrary, you can create your own user name and password and download/loan ebook titles for a limited period of time. Your computer must have Adobe Digital Editions(it's free!) in order to download Ebrary Ebooks. Contact Librarian for help.
- DawsonEra eBooks :(Demand-driven Acquisition): Log in to browse through thousands of ebooks, "produced by academic publishers around the world." Once acquired, DawsonEra e-books are accessible to the Effat community. Your computer must have Adobe Digital Editions (it's free!) in order to search Dawsonera Ebooks. Contact Librarian for help.
- Emerald eBooks :Access to over 2300 e-books in business and management with a strong and growing presence in disciplines including LIS, social sciences, engineering, linguistics and audiology.
- Ebook Library (E.B.L) :(Demand-driven Acquisition): Sign up for a free account and browse through thousands of ebooks. Once acquired, the e-books are accessible to the Effat community. Contact Librarian for help.
- Gale Virtual Library :(Demand-driven Acquisition): Multidisciplinary database contains Encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference.
- Myilibrary :Providing access to thousands of eBooks covering a wide range of subjects including Social Sciences, Technology and Sciences.
- Safari Books Online :Is the premier on-demand digital library providing over 39915 technology, digital media, business books and videos online to academic users.
- SpringerLink :“eBooks from Springer are an unparalleled resource for scientific research. Springer’s eBook collection delivers complete access to the largest collection of scientific, technical and medical publications available today”.
- Taylor & Francis :Taylor & Francis eBooks platform contains thousands eBook titles across the Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences, Education, Behavioral Sciences, Built Environment and Law.
- Wiley Online Library :Hosts the world's broadest and deepest multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. It delivers seamless integrated access to over 15,000 online books, and hundreds of reference works, laboratory protocols and databases.