Due to contractual agreements, access to all electronic resources is limited to current Effat University students, faculty and staff. While on campus, simply connect to each resource from any computer connected to the campus network (Wi-Fi included). Users of tablets and iPads should follow the same instructions and sign in. Click on Web Bookmarks, and you will see Effat University Library System as one of the links. Click on this to access the off-campus secured Effat University Library e-resources.
If you're not on campus, use the new "VPN" (Virtual Private Network) service being offered by IETS. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the following link: https://ssl-vpn.effatuniversity.edu.sa
- Click "Continue to this website (not recommended)."
- You will see the login screen.
- Enter your usual Effat University username and password.
- Domain_Users should be selected under "Realm" and click on "Sign in".
- On the highlighted light yellow tab at the top of the screen, and also in a dialog box, it may ask if you wish to install something from "Juniper Networks, Inc." This is our proxy which verifies your email.
- Click "Install", then "Always" or "Run".
- You will get a menu screen, with links to different areas of Effat University.
- The third or fourth link will be, "Effat University Library System".
- Click this link to access the Effat University Library site, and you can now access the E-resources.
Please note that this service is not run by the library-- it is provided by IETS. Therefore, please direct all enquiries related to remote connections directly to the IETS helpdesk!