- Users must present their Library Membership ID card to be able to check out physical resources.
- Borrowed items may not transfer from one user to another; the user is responsible for any borrowed items until it is returned to the circulation desk staff.
- Returned items may not be left unattended at the circulation desk, this action will result in losing borrowing privileges.
- No food or beverages- other than water in a closed container- is allowed in the quiet study zone.
- Neither the Library nor the University is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen or damaged personal items.
- Personal items left behind will be sent to lost and found.
- While discussion is permitted inside the library, the noise level should not interfere with other individuals in the area.
- Study rooms may not be left unattended at any time. If a room is left unattended its use will be relinquished.
- Anyone who reserves a room is expected to clean up after themselves and leave the room ready for the next group/ person.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES
a) Access to the Library facility and resources (Print collection and Digital/Online resources)
- Graduate and Doctoral students/researchers enrolled in other universities: Annual Membership Fee SAR 1,000.
- Professors / Business Researchers: Annual Membership Fee SAR 3,000.
- Effat Alumni: Need to be a member in Effat University Alumni Association.
Refundable Deposit Fee SAR 1,500 (refundable if members do not wish to renew their memberships and provided no items are lost or damaged and all borrowed items are returned).
b) Access to Digital/Online resources only
Graduate and Doctoral students, professors and business researchers, may have access to ONLY online resources through an annual membership fee SAR 2,000.
1. Access to Digital Resources
Registered members may have on campus access only to all of the library’s digital resources.
- WiFi Access
- All Online Databases.
2. Access to Physical Resources
a. University Students may borrow a maximum of 3 items at any one time for a maximum period of 2 weeks.
b. Faculty & Visiting Scholars/Professors may borrow a maximum of 5 items at any one time for a maximum period of 2 weeks.
c. Laptops, iPads and Kindle Readers may be checked out for one week at a time.
d. One device could be checked out at any one time depending on availability.
e. Playing audio or video files in the library is not allowed unless headphones are used.
f. The Library cannot guarantee that a specific laptop will be available and is not responsible for any loss of user’s data or files on any of the devices.
g. Users may contact the Access Services department should they need to install iPad applications or download digital books.
h. Study rooms may be reserved for study, research or meeting purposes subject on availability
Borrowed items may be renewed in person, by email, or on the Library website for a maximum of 2 times unless reserved by another user.
Registered members may have the privilege to many of the library’s services and events such as:
- Reference & Research help services.
- Photocopy & Scanning
- Cultural presentation and lectures subject to bookings.
- Museum exhibits.