Kindles may be borrowed from the library's circulation desk for two weeks at a time. It can be renewed continually, until someone else reserves it. It must then be returned to Effat Library for the next user.
The first time you borrow a Kindle, you need to read the following Kindle checkout policy and sign in agreement:
- Kindles are available for checkout by enrolled Effat University students, faculty and staff with a current library account who sign the Kindle Loan Agreement. Users with overdue books or pending fines are ineligible to borrow Kindles until they clear up their record.
- Kindles can be reserved—in fact, it is recommended that borrowers use the Reserve feature through the Library website in order to get the opportunity to use a Kindle currently on loan. However, staff cannot guarantee that a specific Kindle will be available. One Kindle per user at a time.
- If you use the audio feature of Kindle books in Effat Library, you must wear headphones, so as not to disturb other library users.
- None of the content on the Kindles may be erased or copied on to other devices, neither should new content or files be added to the Kindle. Returned Kindles will be checked by Library staff to ensure that this is followed.
- If the Kindle is not returned on time, a fine of 20SR will be assessed per day. *Additionally, if two weeks pass and the Kindle is still not returned, during which time Effat Library has made reasonable attempts to contact the students—at least once by email and phone, the full cost for replacing the Kindle + late fines will be charged to the borrower’s account.
- Kindles should be returned in person to a library staff member at the Main Circulation desk. Users who leave a Kindle unattended at the Main Circulation desk on more than one occasion will lose their Kindle borrowing privileges for the rest of the semester.
- The user assumes full responsibility for damage to the Kindle due to neglect or loss. The cost of replacement or repair will be 700SR.
- All Kindle users are expected to abide by the University rules and regulations and the current library policies.