E-Resources [Online Databases, E-Journals, Images, etc.] on Information Systems
- American Society of Civil Engineers Journals : “In-depth coverage of emerging technologies and practices in the field of engineering. Publications including journals, conference proceedings, books, standards, manuals, magazines, and newsletters." [Publisher]
- Applied Science & Technology Full Text (EBSCOhost) : Applied Science & Technology Full Text™..."Content includes coverage of a wide variety of applied science specialties—acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear and civil engineering, computers and informatics and much more." [Publisher]
- The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Digital Library : "ACM provides the computing field's premier Digital Library and serves its members and the computing profession with leading-edge publications, conferences, and career resources." [Publisher]
- CBCA Complete:
Science & Technology : This database focuses on science and technology periodicals covering Canada and Canadian issues.
- Computer Science Index : Offers “abstracting and indexing of academic journals, professional publications, and other reference sources at the highest scholarly and technical levels of computer science. Covers over 6,500 periodicals and books...” [Publisher]
- IEEE Xplore : IEEE Xplore provides access to “almost 3-million full-text documents from some of the world's most highly cited publications in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics”. [Publisher]
- Proquest Computing (Proquest) :
Access to “comprehensive coverage of computer topics. The database includes numerous titles, most of them in full text, records dating back to the early 1990's. Subjects covered: Computer Science, Information System, Computer Security, Database Design, Software Development, Web Commerce: LANs, WANs, Intranets, Internets.” [Publisher]
- Sage Journals “The world’s leading academic and professional publisher.”[Publisher] Full-text articles on most disciplines, including Information Systems.
- Springer : “SpringerLink is an integrated database for journal [articles], books, [etc.] …published by Springer. SpringerLink currently offers 2,769 fully peer-reviewed journals and 54,312 books online.”[Publisher] Many full text articles, e-books on various Computer Science topics are available.
General and reference E-resources
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) : “… full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals...” [Publisher] Articles on Information science and related topics can be found here.
- Credo Reference : …Credo General Reference covers every major subject from the world's best publishers of reference. [Publisher]
- Freefullpdf.com : Open access to full-text published articles. “All subjects are covered and all content are freely available in PDF format.” [Publisher]
- GVRL (GALE) : Gale Virtual Reference Library: Online library of references titles, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, almanacs, biographical compilations, and specialized reference tools, fully searchable across all files. [Publisher]
- Ebrary eBooks : Sign up for a free account to browse through thousands of downloadable ebooks, "*Recommended : The Ebrary has over fully accessible 52,000 ebook titles on a wide range of topics. Within Ebrary, you can create your own user name and password and download/loan ebook titles for a limited period of time. Your computer must have Adobe Digital Editions(it's free!) in order to download Ebrary Ebooks. Contact Librarian for help.
- DawsonEra eBooks :(Demand-driven Acquisition): Log in to browse through thousands of ebooks, "produced by academic publishers around the world." Once acquired, DawsonEra e-books are accessible to the Effat community. Your computer must have Adobe Digital Editions (it's free!) in order to search Dawsonera Ebooks. Contact Librarian for help.
- Emerald eBooks :Access to over 2300 e-books in business and management with a strong and growing presence in disciplines including LIS, social sciences, engineering, linguistics and audiology.
- Ebook Library (E.B.L) :(Demand-driven Acquisition): Sign up for a free account and browse through thousands of ebooks. Once acquired, the e-books are accessible to the Effat community. Contact Librarian for help.
- Gale Virtual Library :(Demand-driven Acquisition): Multidisciplinary database contains Encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference.
- Myilibrary :Providing access to thousands of eBooks covering a wide range of subjects including Social Sciences, Technology and Sciences.
- Safari Books Online :Is the premier on-demand digital library providing over 39915 technology, digital media, business books and videos online to academic users.
- SpringerLink :“eBooks from Springer are an unparalleled resource for scientific research. Springer’s eBook collection delivers complete access to the largest collection of scientific, technical and medical publications available today”.
- Taylor & Francis :Taylor & Francis eBooks platform contains thousands eBook titles across the Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences, Education, Behavioral Sciences, Built Environment and Law.
- Wiley Online Library :Hosts the world's broadest and deepest multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. It delivers seamless integrated access to over 15,000 online books, and hundreds of reference works, laboratory protocols and databases.