E-Resources [Online Databases, E-Journals, Images, etc.] on English and Translation
Career and Technical Education: Literature & Language (Proquest) : This database is “the definitive source for vocational information focused on literature and language.”[Publisher] Subjects include: Careers & vocations in literature and language; Trade & industry; Technical resources; Job Search
- CBCA Complete: Literature & Language (Proquest) : “Canadian Business & Current Affairs™ (CBCA) Complete is the nation's largest and most comprehensive bibliographic full-text reference and current events database focusing on literature and language periodicals covering Canada and Canadian issues.. Subjects covered: Canadian literature, Canadian language & language policy.” [Publisher]
- Communication Mass Media Complete (EbscoHost) : "Communication & Mass Media Complete provides…quality research solution in areas related to communication. ..this database includes full text for over 450 journals.” [Publisher]
- Dissertations & Theses : Literature & Language (ProQuest) : “This database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses on literature and language. Subjects covered: English, American Literature, World Literatures, Linguistics.” [Publisher]
- Eric (EbscoHost) : “ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources." [Publisher] Full-text articles related to English language and learning as well as translation.
- Handbook of Translation Studies : "The HTS aims at disseminating knowledge about translation and interpreting...All articles (between 500 and 6,000 words) are written by specialists in the different subfields and are peer-reviewed." [Publisher]
- JSTOR English Literature Journal Collection : "The 58 titles in this collection span the literary cultures of many different countries, containing articles in several languages, including Arabic, Italian, and German." [Publisher]
Research Library: Literature & Language (ProQuest) : “Offers diversified mix of scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines,
and newspapers. Includes 3,500+ full text - from 1971 forward.” [Publisher] Subjects covered: English, American Literature, World Literatures, Linguistics etc.
Ebooks with topics on English and Translation
- Ebrary eBooks : Sign up for a free account to browse through thousands of downloadable ebooks, "*Recommended : The Ebrary has over fully accessible 52,000 ebook titles on a wide range of topics. Within Ebrary, you can create your own user name and password and download/loan ebook titles for a limited period of time. Your computer must have Adobe Digital Editions(it's free!) in order to download Ebrary Ebooks. Contact Librarian for help.
- DawsonEra eBooks :(Demand-driven Acquisition): Log in to browse through thousands of ebooks, "produced by academic publishers around the world." Once acquired, DawsonEra e-books are accessible to the Effat community. Your computer must have Adobe Digital Editions (it's free!) in order to search Dawsonera Ebooks. Contact Librarian for help.
- Emerald eBooks :Access to over 2300 e-books in business and management with a strong and growing presence in disciplines including LIS, social sciences, engineering, linguistics and audiology.
- Ebook Library (E.B.L) :(Demand-driven Acquisition): Sign up for a free account and browse through thousands of ebooks. Once acquired, the e-books are accessible to the Effat community. Contact Librarian for help.
- Gale Virtual Library :(Demand-driven Acquisition): Multidisciplinary database contains Encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference.
- Myilibrary :Providing access to thousands of eBooks covering a wide range of subjects including Social Sciences, Technology and Sciences.
- Safari Books Online :Is the premier on-demand digital library providing over 39915 technology, digital media, business books and videos online to academic users.
- SpringerLink :“eBooks from Springer are an unparalleled resource for scientific research. Springer’s eBook collection delivers complete access to the largest collection of scientific, technical and medical publications available today”.
- Taylor & Francis :Taylor & Francis eBooks platform contains thousands eBook titles across the Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences, Education, Behavioral Sciences, Built Environment and Law.
- Wiley Online Library :Hosts the world's broadest and deepest multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. It delivers seamless integrated access to over 15,000 online books, and hundreds of reference works, laboratory protocols and databases.