- Users must present their University ID card to be able to check out physical resources.
- It is strongly recommended that all patrons use the Reserve System on the Library website for booking devices and study rooms.
- Borrowed items may not transfer from one user to another; the user is responsible for any borrowed items until it is returned to the circulation desk staff.
- Returned items may not be left unattended at the circulation desk, this action will result in losing borrowing privileges.
- Users are responsible for all materials checked out in their name.
- Playing audio or video files in the library is not allowed unless headphones are used.
- The Library cannot guarantee that a specific laptop will be available and is not responsible for any loss of patron’s data or files on any of the devices.
- Users may contact the Access Services department should they need to install software or download digital books.
- All checked out items shall be returned to the library at the end of every semester.
- Neither the Library nor the University is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen or damaged personal items.
- Personal items left behind will be sent to lost and found office.
- No food or beverages- other than water in a closed container- is allowed in the study rooms.
- While discussion is permitted inside the rooms, the noise level should not interfere with the studies of other individuals in the area.
- Anyone who reserves a room is expected to clean up after themselves and leave the room ready for the next group/ person.
LIBRARY ITEMS CHECKOUT
Library items refers but not limited to books, DVDs, CDs, Magazines, Journals, laptops, iPads, Kindle Readers, Headphones and Study Rooms.
- Student & Staff may borrow a maximum of 10 items at any one time for a maximum period of 2 weeks.
- Faculty & Visiting Scholars/Professors may borrow a maximum of 35 items at any one time for a maximum period of one semester.
- Laptops, iPads and Kindle Readers may be checked out for one week at a time.
- The head of the hosting department must sign the check-out policy for a visiting scholar/professor.
- More than one device could be checked out for events purposes depending on availability.
- The event hosting department shall fill out the device check out form and sign it from the supervisor or head of department.
- All devices shall be returned to the library in good condition at the conclusion of the event.
- Reservation is required in order to use a room at the circulation desk on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Study rooms maybe reserved for a maximum of 2 hours at any time.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Reservation renewals are possible only if no other group/individual is waiting for the room.
- Cancellation of a reservation shall be at least 15 minutes before the reservation start time.
- Only the person who made the study room reservation can cancel it.
- If after 15 minutes a group/ individual fails to appear, the reservation will be cancelled and the room may be scheduled for another group/ individual.
- Borrowed items may be renewed in person, by email, or on the Library website for a maximum of 2 times unless reserved by another user.
- Study Room Reservation renewals are possible only if no other group/individual is waiting for the room.
- Lost or damaged items will be charged to the User’s account.
- Users may choose to replace a lost book with a new copy of the same work, in its latest edition.
- If the item is not available (e.g. It is out of print, no new editions available, or it is not possible to find an old copy in good condition) a similar work will be selected by the library staff instead.
- The library reserves the right to determine the best way to calculate the replacement cost for the lost book.
- Replacement or repair costs of Laptop will be determined by the MIETS (Management of Information & Educational Technology Services Department).
- Replacement of an iPad is SAR4000. Repair costs of iPad will be will be determined by the MIETS (Management of Information & Educational Technology Services Department)
- Replacement cost of a Kindle Reader is SAR700.
- A fine of SAR10 per books, DVDs, CDs, Magazines and Journals will apply for every working day after the due date for.
- A fine of SAR50 per laptop, iPad, Kindle Reader will apply for every working day after the due date
- A fine of SAR20 per room key, will apply for every working day after the Time Expires.
- All fines must be paid before any checked out or renewals or room reservation.